Wednesday, February 12, 2014

That Feeling of Home

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. The truth? For the last couple of months I've been a basket case of stress and emotion. Once I finished my degree before Christmas, I began applying everywhere possible for teaching jobs. In such a competitive job market, I found myself growing increasingly discouraged with each passing day. I completed my degree with all the confidence in the world, and as I waited for life to start happening, that confidence began to deplete. I worried too much. I let what was out of my control become my focus.

That's a dangerous place to be. What brought me back? The gym. It seems it's always the gym. This week, as I took the time to refocus on my physical goals (after quite a while of being mentally elsewhere), I found my awareness shifting to what I can influence and control: myself. I can influence and control how I treat my body, both physically and emotionally. I can make sure I get to the gym to work out and do mobility; in turn, I will also strengthen emotionally. As I have begun to refocus on my physical strength this week, I've also refocused and reminded myself that I am an excellent and passionate teacher. I remind myself the right position will come when it is meant to. Perhaps right now I am meant to grow. I can choose to take this time to withdraw, or I can choose to use it to better myself. I will eat right, I will work out, I will maintain my body. I will read, I will write, and I will exercise my mind. I will grow. I will control those things I can, and be at peace with those I cannot.

For now I will embrace any substitute teaching job that comes my way, and I will take the time in between to better myself. The gym has that feeling of home to me, and I am lucky and blessed to be able to spend time there each day. I suppose this post is just to speak to the mode of transition I'm in. Where am I headed? Who knows. But that's going to be part of the fun. :)

I'm so thankful for that feeling of home, and the inspiration and hope my second home of Synergy is giving me as I continue to put the puzzle together. You all matter so much to me.

With so much love,

Kimmy G






2 comments:

  1. That is some great energy kid! The universe will open up for you exactly the way it should. You attitude and positive mind are the best gift you can give yourself, and all the doors will open when it is exactly the right time!

    You are GOOD enough, SMART enough, BEAUTIFUL enough, and STRONG enough. Believe it and never let insecurity run your life.

    ReplyDelete